To the Rescue is a charming simulation game wherein you as the player take charge of various stages that have you running dog shelters. You’ll be in charge of both managing the shelter and the dogs themselves, each level and each pup will present the player with different challenges to finesse and the targeted result is a place where dogs are happy to stay and happy to leave to their new owner.
Today we’re going to have a look at some of the finer points of the game, to help you get a head-start in perfecting your dog and shelter management. The game is not as simple as cleaning after after dogs and showing them off to prospective owners. You’ll be selecting from skill trees to increase the performance of your player character, and be managing the finances and livelihood and overheads of the shelters.
Without further ado, let’s get into our tips and tricks for mastering To the Rescue:
- Don’t stress yourself over the first shelter in Sunnypaws. This isn’t one that you’re going to own, or be working with for very long. Perfecting the place isn’t going to be a great investment with your time, as it’s designed to teach you the controls and the basics of gameplay before moving on to your own shelter shortly thereafter.
- Fully vaccinating a dog will dramatically improve their chances of being adopted. Properly vaccinating will result in an extra star when it comes to their potential adoption. Combine this effect with the Persuasion skill in the skill tree, and you can achieve a very high adoption rate.
- Roberta’s mystery boxes have a great return on investment rate. Despite costing 100 coins to purchase, they will often result in the return of 500 coins, or several doses of each vaccine. The benefits far outweigh the cost if you are looking for something to spend your additional coins on.
- If you’re busy and have plenty of dogs to bathe, and many other tasks, you can initiate the bathing process and scrub the dog once then leave to do something else. Eventually the dog will be bathed automatically, it might be really slow, but you can be off doing something else whilst this happens!
- The shoe perks in the skill tree are worth their weight in gold. Time management is a huge part of the game, given that you have so many tasks to complete at any one time. As such, being able to move as quickly as possible from one area or task to another, is a huge advantage and will help you succeed.
- The auto-scrubber is going to greatly accelerate the speed that dog’s are bathed without your input. This is something that you’re going to notice takes up large chunk of your time at the beginning of the game. Working towards this in the skill tree has great return on investment.
- If you’re struggling to keep up with the specific needs of a dog, or don’t feel that you have advanced far enough into the game or unlocked the ability to suit it’s needs, don’t hesitate to foster the dog. This can help you prevent your shelter from being too crowed, whilst you work to advancing to the point where you can meet their specific needs.